Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sold SFEG - A Lesson Worth Learning

*
Today I sold Santa Fe Gold Corp (SFEG) at $1.06 for a nice 6% gain.  I bought this position two weeks ago on November 8th, and from the moment of purchase until this afternoon, this stock position was under water the entire time.  
*
I used my best TSI skills to time the purchase of SFEG, but instead of rewarding me the trade appeared to completely backfire.
*
Now here is the lesson I have learned well and perhaps a few readers would benefit from hearing it:  this is a secular bull market for precious metals and their mining stocks. Because it is a secular bull market, price over time will continue to rise.  That means when I buy a mining stock I have the expectation that if I am patient enough it will return a profit to me 98% of the time.  And my record, indeed, shows that my patience, though not that of a saint, is pretty darned good. I have few losing trades because I follow this philosophy.  You can, too!
*
Click on the chart to ENLARGE
*
My TSI Trading record has been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment