Monday, December 20, 2010

Explosive Miners with 2011E Earnings Projections

*
One of the things that has continually amazed me is how undervalued stocks will eventually become very strong movers, if not downright rockets.  I cannot begin to tell you how many stocks I have come across that were selling so cheaply I could not believe it.  And invariably I would just pass, thinking there must be something wrong with the stock. After all, how could I, of all people, see something so obvious that the entire market was missing?  Impossible, I would muse.
*
Months later I would come across the same stock and my eyes would widen in utter disbelief - amazement.  Price had virtually exploded and I missed the whole thing.  Incredible.  How could a guy be so right and so wrong at the same time?  If you've been at this stock market stuff a while, I'm sure you know what I am talking about.
*
Well anyway, I decided to revisit this subject of exploring for potentially undervalued mining stocks today and share with you some of my findings.  I compiled the chart below from data provided by Bill Matlack and recently published by Kitco.  The links to this data are at the bottom of the chart.
*
I selected 19 stocks based on my impression of how explosive their 2011 estimated earnings are likely to be in comparison to this year's 2010 earnings.  Some of these estimates are simply mind blowing and I have dedicated a little folder in my FreeStockCharts portfolio to keep an eye on these stocks for True Strength Index (TSI) indicator buy and sell signals.  Perhaps you would like to keep an eye on some of these stocks as well?
*

STOCKS WITH EXPLOSIVE
POTENTIAL
ESTIMATED EARNINGS
Metal
Price
2010E
2011E
2012E
1.
ANO
Anooraq Resources Corp
(.08)
.03
.07
Platinum
$1.34
2.
AZK
Aurizon Mines Ltd
.12
.43
_
Gold
$7.24
3.
BRD
Brigus Gold Corp Ord
(.01)
.23
_
Gold
$1.88
4.
CDE
Cour D’alene Mines Corp
.13
1.68
_
Silver
$26.41
5.
COLUF
Colossus Minerals
(.06)
.66
_
Gold
$8.58
6.
CPPMF
Copper Mountain Mining
(.03)
.39
_
Copper, Gold
$5.80
7.
CROCF
Crocodile Gold Corp
.04
.13
_
Gold
$1.44
8.
DMMIF
Dynasty Metal & Mining
.09
.84
_
Gold
$4.18
9.
GBG
Great Basin Gold
(.03)
.19
_
Gold
$2.93
10.
GSS
Golden Star Resources
.06
.34
_
Gold
$4.57
11.
HMY
Harmony Gold Mining Co
.02
.92
_
Gold
$12.41
12.
LSGGF
Lake Shore Gold Corp
(.01)
.19
_
Gold
$4.08
13.
MLKKF
Mercator Minerals
.03
.44
.61
Copper/Moly
$3.61
14.
ORVMF
Orvana Minerals Corp
.11
.65
.75
Gold/Copper
3.60
15.
OSKFF
Osisko Mining Corp
(.05)
.65
_
Gold
$14.49
16.
SGRCF
San Gold Corp
(.04)
.15
_
Gold
$3.79
17.
SMNPF
Scorpio Mining Corp
.00
.03
.17
Silver, Zinc
$0.99
18.
UEC
Uranium Energy Corp
(.25)
.22
.59
Uranium
$5.54
19.
USU
Usec Inc
.01
.50
_
Uranium
$5.74
For additional details/research, visit:


5 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the list, I'll certainly be keeping an eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heads up:

    I went through all the stocks on your list and COLUF looks to me to be in the best position for a positive breakout soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,

    I didn't notice PAL on that list. Is PAL still going to the Sun a good expression?

    Thanks,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob - I did indeed conclude to myself that PAL was one of the stocks I would cite. Then I went through the tedium of writing about each of my choices, double checking my facts, etc. And discovered that I had listed 19 stocks which, in an odd way seemed like a crazy number and I kinda liked it.

    THEN I discovered that I had mistakenly omitted PAL. THEN I thought about the work it would take to redo my alphabetical order, write up yet again another stock and undo my screwy count of 19 to something more ho-hum, like 20.

    So I got lazy, in other words. But yes, PAL belongs on this list, and arguably about 10-15 more that I decided to not include. Don't worry, I am not selling my shares at a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't trust UEC. Wish I did, sounds so good.

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/31623-why-you-re-better-off-without-uranium-energy-corp

    ReplyDelete