Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sold CDY $1.54

*
Today I did something you won't see me do very often.  I intentionally sold a miner at a loss. This is the 4 hour chart of Cardero Resource Corp (CDY) which I sold for a 2.5% loss at $1.54.
*
I probably could have been a bit more patient and at least sold this at break even ($1.58) but I wasn't that patient (especially with a classroom of bouncy noisy kids who have no mercy on anyone's desire for solitude....lol).
*
I was not pleased to see gold and silver break down so quickly after my post early this morning and I instinctively looked for some way to take a chunk of capital off the table at a small loss.  I was also not pleased with my timing to buy CDY yesterday, so CDY got the ax this afternoon.  
*
Though gold was positive for today, I am starting to become skeptical that it will do more than retest the 1432 high, if that.  And, as the saying goes, "when in doubt, stay out". This became my motto for today. At present I am about 55% in cash and if gold does begin an intermediate correction sooner than later I will be glad to not be 'all in' for the ride south.
*
Click on the chart to ENLARGE
*
My TSI Trading record has been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment