Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sold DZZ $8.44 SFMI $0.20 - Bought RIC $5.25, SIL $4.81, SILA $0.471

*
I decided to throw in the towel on my short gold trade via the DB Gold Double Short ETN (DZZ), selling my entire position at $8.44.  I took a 3.7% loss against my original purchase and it was a break even for my second purchase.
*
Gold appears to be completing a continuation pennant pattern that projects its price $200 higher.  With that in mind, the risk of holding the trade did not seem to justify either the likely reward or the stress.  If I had timed this trade better it could have turned out profitably.  But I didn't so I took my ball and went home.
*
Click on the charts to ENLARGE
*
My other sale today was of Silver Falcon Mining (SFMI) at 20 cents.  The TSI looked to be near nose bleed levels and I did not want to push my luck any further.  Anyway, I had two purchases of SFMI still open from quite some time back and they now are closed with 11.1% and 15% gains.  It is another lesson of waiting for the bull to bring price back to a profit with patience.
*
I made three purchases today.  First was Richmont Mines Inc (RIC) at $5.25.  I am experimenting with a new TSI setting which juxtaposes a fast (7,4), intermediate (13,7) and slower (25,13) reading.  Not sure I like it, but I'll give it a whirl.  It appears that when the three TSI readings cluster tightly near one another, a more powerful price move follows.
*
My second purchase was to reacquire some Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) at $24.81.  All three indicators are not only positive (above zero) and turning north, but each sports a trend line break (not drawn on the chart).






*
My final purchase today was Silver America Inc (SILA) at $0.471.  This is a curious situation as the news from this company is actually positive yet for the past 2 weeks it has been hit with increasingly intense selling volume.  Using a shorter term TSI time frame, such as the 60 minute, I determined that SILA had likely bottomed and for the moment anyway, I may have been correct, as it closed at $.49.  I really do not know what is going on with this stock to create such violent selling but I'll just use my indicators and see if I can skin a few bucks in the mean time.
*
My TSI Trading record has been updated.





No comments:

Post a Comment