Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sold AGQ, SFMI, FOLGF, CLHRF - Bought TZA

*
I was in profit taking and defensive mode on Friday, for better or worse.  This first chart is my sale of Proshares Ultra Silver (AGQ) in the early minutes of the pre-market.  At that time I was uneasy as to the direction things would turn out for the day and so I took my gain and left the table.  Of course, we all now know that the day turned out to be extremely bullish for gold and silver.  I will be back soon to reload AGQ!
*
Click on any chart to ENLARGE
*
I had a fairly large position in Silver Falcon Mining (SFMI) and decided to take the easy money off the table (15.7% gain) from my most recent purchase at $0.14.  I do still own 2 purchases from the 17 cent and 18 cent levels.  The technical setup for SFMI looks excellent.




*
I was not amused with the information I uncovered from a further look at Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd (FOLGF) and was just fine about selling my entire position at break even.








*
My final sale was for a fast 7.1% gain on Coral Gold Resources (CLHRF).  As Friday began I had 14 stocks in my portfolio and frankly, I felt like I was tripping over them every time I turned.  Now I am down to 10 stocks and I will probably try to reduce that number further this week.  The technical setup for CLHRF now appears absolutely ideal (I hate to admit...as I have sold it).
*
Feeling defensive about a market correction and noticing some strong bullish technical underpinnings to Direxion Small Cap Bear 3X (TZA) ETF, I took a small position at $22.46.  I envision this as a trade in which I have used the TSI and MFI to get me in, and I intend to use those indicators to tell me when to sell - almost certainly before Wednesday afternoon when the FED releases it QE2 plan.
*
My TSI Trading record has been updated and my cumulative trading record since beginning this blog on last June 11 now exceeds 400%.







No comments:

Post a Comment