Sunday, August 29, 2010

T -10, T -9, T -8..........Houston We Have Ignition .... T -3, T -2, T -1 .....

*
I remember watching the old rocket launches from Cape Canaveral on TV with Walter Cronkite doing the play by play narration.  As a kid it never quite made sense to me that the rocket was blasting off from Florida but for some reason, somebody in Houston, Texas needed to be consulted for launch instructions and permission.   
*
Rocket launches are indeed fun to watch.  I guess the closest thing we can get to that these days is to watch precious metal stocks rocket launch.  Not the same thing, I know, but if you own the stock launching you will feel that same awe inspired lump in your throat.
*
I sifted through over 100 mining stocks this afternoon to find those that were on the launch pad and appear ready to head for outer space.  
* 
I will list these in alphabetical order.  Those rockets with the highest odds of not turning into duds are those with a trend line breakout of both the True Strength Index (TSI) and Money Flow Index (MFI) indicators, AND a positive divergence in place AND a ZERO line crossover of the TSI indicator.  Its difficult to find stocks that meet all THREE of these criteria simultaneously, but I managed to find four.  And I was really pleased to see that I already own three of the four.  Lucky me!
*
With no further fanfare, here are the 10 rockets with their engines rumbling on the launch pad.
Click on the charts to ENLARGE
*
Rocket #1 
Anooraq Resources Corp (ANO)














*
Rocket #2
Banro Corporation (BAA)














*
Rocket #3
Apollo Gold Corp (BRD)














*
Rocket #4
Cardero Resource Corp (CDY)














*
Rocket #5
Constitution Mining Corp (CMIN)














*
Rocket #6
Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd (NAK)














*
Rocket #7
North American Palladium (PAL)
















*
Rocket #8
Revett Minerals Inc. (RVMIF)














*
Rocket #9
Southern Copper Corp (SCCO)














*
Rocket #10
Teck Resources Limited (TCK)




2 comments:

  1. Are your signals indicative of a trend change that can be held for several months or a short-term swing trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trend for the mining stocks has not changed for the past 10 years :)

    I selected these 10 stocks from a field of 100 miners because they appear to be very timely swing trades. Many other mining stocks have already broken out and had considerable moves - I did NOT include those stocks in this post.

    I hope this helps you and thank you for the question!

    ReplyDelete