Monday, July 19, 2010

A More Ominous Breakdown of Sorts - GDX

*
Take a look at how GDX performed last Dec '09 - Feb '10.  That was a time period in which a lengthy weekly cycle was coming to a conclusion and final bottom.  Do you see the BEAR Flag I marked?  Does it look similiar to the situation we are in now?
*
And notice how GDX behaved when the BEAR Flag broke in early January.  It did NOT stop falling until it landed on the C wave uptrend line.  I need say no more.
*
Some nice folks have been asking me why, if I think gold and the miners are not done going down, why do I not sell everything now and buy it back later.  
*
I know my answer will not make sense to most folks, but here it is:  I am sick and tired of losing money.  I've learned my lessons the hard way - by losing money.  
*
And I 'KNOW' that if I just sit still with the majority of my positions, and practice some patience, I am going to make a small killing this Fall.  
*
Frankly, I would rather suffer another 10% drawdown right now and hold what I know is going to pay off, than try to get so tricky trading that the only one fooled is me.
*
Click on the chart to ENLARGE

1 comment:

  1. My analysis also points to 44-45 as the low, but I bought some today just in case it doesn't get there. I also learned the hard way not to sell out all of my PM positions. I will keep a core position of about 1/3 of my trading capital in the PM stocks until we see the parabolic move at the end of the bull market. I swing trade another third and day trade the final third, something for everyone. I'm mostly happy with however it goes as long as the bull is still in charge.

    ReplyDelete